- This event has passed.
COAST Talks: Fast Forward – Driving Growth for Ocean Tech Startups
January 26 @ 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm
B.C. is poised for explosive growth in its ocean economy, with an ever-increasing cohort of entrepreneurs leading new innovations and companies that solve the most pressing ocean and maritime challenges.
As they disrupt traditional approaches, adapt bold strategies and work towards global impact, these ocean tech entrepreneurs face many hurdles.
Our COAST Talk asks: What are these challenges and how can entrepreneurs overcome them? Where are the new opportunities to innovate and apply new technologies in oceanspace? Who’s at the leading edge of these? And how do we ensure ocean tech companies can access the funding, mentorship and training they need to navigate a new blue world?
- The role that technology & innovation plays in protecting our oceans while driving new economic opportunities
- How one entrepreneur is bootstrapping his way to success and his advice to emerging innovators
- The value of mentorship in taking an idea from concept to commercialization
- What’s being done to create a collaborative ecosystem for ocean tech innovators
Moderator: Dallas Gislason, COO, COAST
- Shannon Bard, EIR, COAST Venture Acceleration Program and Lead Climate Venture Studio at the University of British Columbia
- Derek Puzzuoli, CEO, Seahawk Robotics
- Rob Bennett, COO & Program Director, VIATEC
Following the discussion, panelists will respond to questions from the moderator and audience.