We will update this page regularly as the Centre for Ocean Applied Sustainable Technologies continues to move forward.
- COAST announces that South Island Prosperity Partnership (SIPP) will lead the incubation phase of the ocean innovation hub. SIPP CEO Emilie de Rosenroll is appointed Startup CEO of COAST and assumes the role on a part-time basis in addition to her role as CEO of SIPP.
- The Interim Board develops and adopts a framework for the development of COAST including the identification and development of foundation projects and COAST’s first physical location.
- The Interim Board develops COAST’s mission, vision and initial membership model.
- The COAST Talks series is launched with the goal of highlighting local and global innovators in the blue economy.
- The ocean hub and cluster is incorporated the Centre for Ocean Sustainable Technologies (COAST) and the COAST Interim Board is founded; see news release.
- The Business Case for the Ocean Futures Hub & Cluster is released. – Report Document (PDF)
- On October 6 and 7, the working group and project consultants host a two-day workshop designed to capture details to inform the operating model and overall direction of the hub, with 95 participants. Slides used in the two-day workshop on October 6 and 7 are available.
- October 6 meeting – Youtube Video
- October 7 meeting – Youtube Video
- A working group is established to shape the hub and cluster concept and submit an application to Western Economic Diversification Canada (WD).
- The WD application receives a $100,000 contribution from WD.
- The City of Victoria contributes $20,000.
- The team of Urban Systems, Hatch and Engage//Innovate of Norway is contracted to develop the business plan for the hub and cluster.