We will update this page regularly as the Centre for Ocean Applied Sustainable Technologies continues to move forward.
- A working group is established to shape the hub and cluster concept and submit an application to Western Economic Diversification Canada (WD).
- The WD application receives a $100,000 contribution from WD.
- The City of Victoria contributes $20,000.
- The team of Urban Systems, Hatch and Engage//Innovate of Norway is contracted to develop the business plan for the hub and cluster.
- On October 6 and 7, the working group and project consultants host a two-day workshop designed to capture details to inform the operating model and overall direction of the hub, with 95 participants. Slides used in the two-day workshop on October 6 and 7 are available.
- October 6 meeting – Youtube Video
- October 7 meeting – Youtube Video
- The Business Case for the Ocean Futures Hub & Cluster is released. – Report Document (PDF)
- The ocean hub and cluster is incorporated the Centre for Ocean Sustainable Technologies (COAST) and the COAST Interim Board is founded; see news release.