Call for Expressions of Interest: COAST Executive Director
The Centre for Ocean Sustainable Technologies (COAST) seeks to hire an Executive Director to provide growth leadership and day-to-day management for the newly established COAST ocean hub. Set on Canada’s Pacific Coast, the Centre for Ocean Applied Sustainable Technologies brings together people, ideas, businesses and communities to create an innovation hub and cluster where ideas are nurtured and applied.
COAST is an early-stage non-profit entity with seed funding, partnerships and incredible strong momentum. Formally, COAST and the Indigenous Prosperity Centre are part of the South Island Prosperity Group. As divisions of South Island Prosperity Partnership (SIPP), they are both subject to SIPP’s governance and accountability.
About the Role
Reporting to the SIPP CEO, the Executive Director will lead the execution of strategic and business goals and targets for COAST. As COAST’s inaugural Executive Director, you will be responsible for the growth of membership, activating capital projects and initiatives, partnerships and driving grants and revenue streams. The Executive Director will develop COAST’s global capability and reputation in ocean technology fields, while maximizing impact through partnership and ecosystem development.
Minimum Qualifications & Skill Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree a minimum
- Previous ocean technology and/or relevant ecosystem experience
- Minimum 5 years experience in a leadership role
- Experience with NPO governance, board structures and/or NPO management ● Demonstrated ability to take responsibility for financial results for a complex business unit or multiple business units
- Highly developed communication (verbal and written) skills with proven ability to present persuasively
To Respond to this Invitation
If you meet the above criteria and wish to be considered for this opportunity please provide the following information by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5 p.m. PDT on Wednesday, August 31st, 2022.
Please address all correspondence to SIPP CEO, Emilie de Rosenroll.
Please include the following information:
- Cover letter referencing how you heard about the EOI and your relevant experience
- Contact information
Please email a cover letter highlighting your relevant experience along with your resume to
- Please include the name of the position you are applying for in the cover letter and the subject line of the email.
- Applicants applying to both positions are asked to indicate this in their cover letter and in the subject line of the email.
- Applications will be reviewed as they are submitted.